Friday, October 19, 2012

My Highlighters & How I use them


MAC MSF, ELF Golden Bronzer, Hard Candy Honeymoon


The other day I was thinking of  my favorite makeup products and how I really wanted to do a series of blog posts on them. Some people  love their concealers, others really love to do their eye makeup and put a lot of time and effort into it. Me...... I'm a blush, highlighter, and lippy fiend. To be honest I never really knew that highlighters  existed, all I knew was that I loved anything with a good shimmer or sparkle to it. I can't get enough of them and I'm not ashamed of it.  So when I found out about them, I was all over the idea of  it! The first one I ever bought would be a Hard Candy baked blush. Even though it says it's a blush, it's a highlighter. I could not even use this one as a blush and I am pretty damn pale faced. You can find them at Walmart for $6. This one is in the shade Honeymoon and I like to use it down the bridge of my nose and on my Cupid's Bow and I really do think it emphasizes the size of my lips and makes them look bigger and juicier. Sometimes I like to put this on the tops of my cheekbones, if I'm not already wearing a shimmery blush which usually I am. You can also add this to the center of your lips over the top of your lipstick and add a gloss on top to make your lips look extra big. I apply this with the tip of my finger and use it sparingly because this highlighter can look a little chalky if applied heavily.

Hard Candy Honeymoon

The next one I picked up is ELF Golden Bronzer. It says it's a bronzer, but it's really just a highlighter. I use this on the tops of my cheekbones for a nice dewy glow to my skin, or all over my face if I'm feeling really fancy. I went out and bought it after watching one of Marnie MsGoldGirl's foundation routine videos, because this girl is gorgeous and she always has a nice healthy glow going on. You can find this at Target for only $3! Incredible buy,  it can't hurt to try it for only $3!


Now I went all out for my Birthday and asked my Dad for a MAC Mineralized Skinfinish. It was well worth it and by far my favorite out of all 3 of these. This product has many uses. It can actually be used as a blush as it has a lot more color to it. Sometimes I use it all over for a healthy sun-kissed glow. It has a beautiful peachy-gold sheen to it. Most of the time, I apply it right on my cheekbones. Then a blush over it of course, because I'm a blush freak. But it's very nice, all on it's own. This one is from the Heavenly Creatures collection and it cost my Dad $29. ;)

MAC MSF Light Year




What is your favorite Highlighter?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...